1832
First Home
The first home in Blythe GA was built by Sam Tarver in 1832 on state grant land (500-540 acres). This home is presently owned by Mrs. Portwood.
1845
First Post Office
1845 a post office named “Bonnie Doon” was opened at the home of James Palmer.  
1884
First Store
A store opened in 1883 or 1884 by R. J, Atkinson. The first store, after the railroad was completed in 1885, was opened by V.J. Murrow and James H. Tudor.
1885
Railroad Complete
The Augusta Southern Railroad, completed in 1885, ran from Augusta to Tennille, complete with wood-burning locomotives.

Related Pages


© All 2022 All rights reserved. City of Blythe